WELCOME TO THE NORTHWEST MOSQUITO ABATEMENT DISTRICT
HELP PROTECT YOURSELF FROM WEST NILE VIRUS AND ZIKA
Ways you can protect yourself from Mosquito Bites
- Avoid being outdoors around dusk and dawn, this is when mosquitoes are most active.
- Wear Long sleeves and pants when outdoors.
- Use insect repellent containing 20% DEET, Picaridin or Oil of Lemon eucalyptus. Make sure you apply as directed on product label.
- Inspect your yard for containers that are holding water, dump them out if they can hold water up to 5 days or more.
- Set up a box or oscillating fan on your patio, set it to create a 7-10 mph wind. Mosquitoes can not fly in higher winds.
- Make sure you have screens on all windows and doors.
- Avoid being in heavily shaded or wooded areas.
- Nothing can prevent all mosquito bites, but taking these steps can greatly reduce the number of bites.
- Remember, Mosquito populations fluctuate during the summer months. On average, mosquitoes live 14-20 days
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm